Victims and Offenders are referred to the VOC Program
- Center for Youth Justice & Services (housed at the Henderson County High School)
- Court Designated Workers
- County Attorney
- Family Court Judge
- District Court Judge
Victim Offender Conference Program
● Case is reviewed by the Victim Offender Conference Coordinator.
- A Participation Pamphlet is provided to both the victim and the offender and any parent/guardians.
● Initial meeting is held with the offender(s) and victim(s) separately.
- Participation & Confidentiality Agreements is signed.
● When/if it is determined to be appropriate, a Victim Offender Conference (VOC) occurs.
- These meetings take place in a room that is deemed appropriate such as a conference room within the Court House.
● Confirmation that the VOC was successfully completed is sent to the referral sources.
*If the conference is not completed the referral source is advised.*
● If the Restitution Agreement was not determined by the referral, the VOC Coordinator will assist participants in the development of an agreement. In this case, the VOC Coordinator will monitor the successful completion of that agreement.
● Participant Satisfaction Surveys will be sent out through mail or phone.